Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Roll Of Thunder Hear My Cry

I read Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. This book takes place in the times where African-Americans were considered considerably lesser humans than Caucasians. Nightriders, arson, lynching all in the course of one long, cold year, nine year old Cassie Logan's family is traumatized by inequality and racism in their small Mississippi town. Roll of Thunder is one of the best books I've ever read. This book has it all, action, suspense, and history. My favorite part in the book is near the end. It's a dark and cold night. Then a thunder storm starts, and lightning strikes a near by tree and causes a fire. However, everyone was to occupied with T.J and his issues (people were beating him up) they paid no attention until they were told about it. In order to save the city everyone, blacks and whites have to work together in order to put the fire out.

No comments:

Post a Comment